Date and time:
This session will be held live on January 5, 2022, a Wednesday, from 19.00 to 21.00 (BRT). A recording of this workshop will be available for participants via our Google classroom for 30 days.
A brief description of the workshop:
In this workshop, we will discuss what teaching listening entails, how to help students become more proficient listeners, and how to prepare/organize listening lessons. Some topics which will be addressed include:
- How to teach listening – the stages of a listening lesson.
- Is listening a passive skill? Why (not)?
- The pivotal role of pronunciation teaching in developing students’ listening skills.
- Adapting course book tasks (when needed).
- Bottom-up and top-down processing.
- Intensive vs extensive listening: how to help students to become better listeners in their own time as well. Assigning listening homework.
Investment and how to register:
- This session: R$ 100,00 (for discount opportunities, click here)
- To register for this and other workshops, click here)
Other sessions you might be interested in.
- Session 5, January 8: Phonemes and the phonemic chart
- Session 8, January 12: Teaching reading comprehension
- Session 15, January 22: Using authentic materials to teach reading and listening