Date and time:
This session will be held live on January 3, 2022, a Monday, from 19.00 to 21.00 (BRT). A recording of this workshop will be available for participants via our Google classroom for 30 days.
A brief description of the workshop:
In this workshop, we will discuss three pivotal grammatical concepts: time, tense, and aspect. Some of the questions that will be answered;
- Can I make it easier for my students to understand the present perfect – and perfect forms in general – by teaching them the concept of aspect. If so, how?
- Are there only three ‘times’: past, present, and future?
- How many tenses are there in English?
- Futurity – is there a future form in English? Does the difference between will and going to matter? If so, when? If not, why do we bother?
- Is there one-to-one relationship between time and tense? Can I use present tenses to talk about the past? Future forms to talk about the present? Past forms to talk about the present?
Although this is a language development session, some aspects of teaching grammar (tenses) will be discussed as well.
Investment and how to register:
- This session: R$ 100,00 (for discount opportunities, click here)
- To register for this and other workshops, click here)
Other sessions you might be interested in.
- Session 2, January 4: Teaching grammar inductively