The Vocabulary for English Teachers (VET) course aims at giving participants the necessary theoretical background to understand key aspects of English vocabulary, while also giving teachers practical ideas to teach vocabulary effectively, both face-to-face and online.
The PET is a 12-hour course, and its second edition will be offered as follows:
- 100% online via Zoom
- From March 26 to April 23, 2021 (Fridays), from 5.30 to 8.00 p.m.
*Sessions are recorded and the recordings are available to participants for 7 days (requires a Gmail account)
- How to study vocabulary
- Word classes
- Collocations 1
- Phrasal verbs 1
- Idioms 1
- Word formation
- Collocations 2
- Phrasal verbs 2
- Idioms 2
- Teaching vocabulary
- Practicing vocabulary
- Course review
All worksheets used in the course will be made available for participants via the course’s Google classroom. However, having at least one of the titles below is recommended:
- Inglês para Professor, by Higor Cavalcante
- How Vocabulary is Learned, by Paul Nation and Stuart Webb
- Vocabulary Activities, by Penny Ur
- English Vocabulary in Use, by Felicity O’Dell and Michael McCarthy
- English Idioms in Use, by Felicity O’Dell and Michael McCarthy
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use, by Felicity O’Dell and Michael McCarthy
R$ 700,00, payable by:
- bank transfers in two payments (first upon registration; second on April 10th, 2021)
- credit card (in multiple instalments via PagSeguro – fees apply)
*If you register for 2 or 3 courses (also Pronunciation for English Teachers and/or Grammar for English Teachers) you’ll have 15% discount for each of them. Also, if you register for 2 or 3 courses, you can pay in more instalments. Registering for all 3 courses, you’ll also get a signed copy of Inglês para professor.
Register for the course here.