In 2020 and 2021, I ran eight successful editions of the 12-hour Pronunciation for English Teachers (PET) course, and over 150 teachers participated. In 2022, I started offering this extended edition of the PET course, which is now a 24-hour course. It’s second edition will be offered in the second term of 2022.
The new PET course will still focus on providing teachers with the necessary theoretical background to understand key aspects of English phonology, but it will now also have an important practical component aimed at helping teachers teach pronunciation as well.
The course will cover the following areas: phonemes and phonemic symbols; vowel sounds; consonant sounds; word and sentence stress; elements of connected speech; intonation; pronunciation and spelling; varieties of English pronunciation, and much more.
If you participated in one of the previous editions of the PET course, this is for you as well. All of the course materials are new, and you’ll have a 25% discount!
In the first semester of 2022, there will be one group of the new PET course:
Fridays*, from 12.30 to 14.00 p.m.
- August 12, 26;
- September 9, 16, 23, 30;
- October 7, 14, 21, 28;
- November 4, 11, 18, 25.
- December 2, 9.
*Sessions are recorded and the recordings are available to participants for 7 days via Google classroom.
Click here to register.
All worksheets used in the course will be made available for participants via the course’s Google classroom. However, having at least one of the titles below is recommended:
- Inglês para Professor, by Higor Cavalcante
- English Phonetics and Phonology, by Peter Roach
- How to Teach Pronunciation, by Gerald Kelly
- Pronunciation, by Christiane Dalton & Barbara Seidlhofer
- Sound Foundations, by Adrian Underhill
- Teaching Pronunciation, by Marianne Celce-Murcia et al.
To register in September, please write to email@example.com
- My former/current students (any course): 5%
- My current C1 or C2 students: 10%
- My former/current CELTA candidates: 10%
- Public school teachers in Brazil: 10%
- My former Pronunciation for English Teachers (PET) students: 25%
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 20;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- Participants must be at least at a B2 level to take part in the course.
Click here to register.