Dates and Times:
In the second semester of 2022, there will be one post-proficiency course available :
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 21.30 to 22.30
This is a language development and maintenance course for English teachers who hold either a Cambridge C2 certificate or a Michigan ECPE (C2) certificate*. The course comprises:
- 34 hours of synchronous, online lessons via Zoom.
- A focus on further developing vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation at C2 level.
- A focus on developing professional writing, especially (ELT) articles (elements of genre, punctuation, text organization etc.)
- A book club – we will read and discuss 3 books during the semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
*If you don’t hold one of these certificates, you must do a placement test.
- If you register in June 2022: 7 instalments of R$ 400,00 (and you can attend this term’s remaining lessons – if you register by June 10);
- If you register in July 2022: 6 instalments of R$ 467,00;
- If you register in August 2022: 5 instalments of R$ 560,00.
Click here to register.
- My former C2 students – 5%
To be decided
Extensive reading program – second semester 2022
- It Won’t Be Easy: An Exceedingly Honest (and Slightly Unprofessional) Love Letter to Teaching, by Tom Rademacher
- The Language Hoax: Why the World Looks the Same in Any Language, by John McWhorter
- This is going to hurt, by Adam Kay
Course schedule – second semester 2022:
Tuesday and Thursday group, from 21.30 to 22.30:
- August 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30;
- September 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29;
- October 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27;
- November 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29;
- December 1, 6.
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, please contact us (in Portuguese) at +5511 94505-1811. If you do not speak Portuguese, please write an email to email@example.com.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 15;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2-4 hours a week (apart from classes) to do course-related work;
- Participants must be at a C2 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
Click here to register.