The Grammar for English Teachers (GET) course aims at giving participants the necessary theoretical background to understand key aspects of English grammar, while also giving teachers practical ideas to teach vocabulary effectively, both face-to-face and online. The course makes abundant use of video, music, and authentic texts as models of language.
The GET is a 12-hour course, and its second edition (May/June 2021) will be offered as follows:
- 100% online via Zoom
- May 21 to June 18 (Fridays), from 5.30 to 8.00 p.m*
*Sessions are recorded and the recordings are available to participants for 7 days (requires a Gmail account)
- What’s grammar?
- The tense system
- Time, tense, and aspect
- Passive voice
- Advanced features of present and past
- Common grammar mistakes
- The crazy world of prepositions
- Verb complementation
- Relative and participle clauses
- Purpose, reason, and concessive clauses
All worksheets used in the course will be made available for participants via the course’s Google classroom. However, having at least one of the titles below is recommended:
- Inglês para Professor, by Higor Cavalcante
- Teaching English Grammar, by Jim Scrivener
- Grammar for English Language Teachers, by Martin Parrott
- Practical English Usage, by Michael Swan
- About Language, by Scott Thornbury
R$ 700,00, payable by:
- bank transfers in three payments (first upon registration; second on April 10; third on May 10, 2021)
- credit card (in multiple instalments via PagSeguro – fees apply)
*If you register for 2 or 3 courses (also Vocabulary for English Teachers and/or Grammar for English Teachers) you’ll have 15% discount for each of them. Also, if you register for 2 or 3 courses, you can pay in more instalments. Registering for all 3 courses, you’ll also get a signed copy of Inglês para professor.
Register for the course here.