Dates and Times:
In the second semester of 2020, there will be three CPE groups available :
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 8.00 to 9.15 p.m.;
Friday mornings, from 9.00 to 11.45 a.m.(FULL);
- Friday afternoons, from 2.00 to 4.45 p.m.
This is an online preparation course for the Cambridge CPE (C2 Proficiency), aimed at preparing Brazilian teachers of English who wish to sit the exam in December 2020 or June/July 2021. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 40 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 75 minutes (Tue/Thu) or 1 weekly class of 150 minutes (Fridays);
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking);
- Reading and discussion of 4 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
- Objective Proficiency Student’s Book with answers, by Annette Capel and Wendy Sharp. Cambridge University Press, 2013. (we’ll be using units 11-20 in the second term)
- Objective Proficiency Workbook, by Peter Sunderland and Erica Whettem.
- [Optional]: Language Practice for Advanced, grammar & vocabulary book with key. Macmillan, 2013. (we’ll be using units 11-20 in the second term)
Extensive reading program – second semester 2020:
- Red, White, and Royal Blue, by Casey McQuiston
- The Boy from the Woods, by Harlan Coben
- Normal People, by Sally Rooney
- The Mother-in-Law, by Sally Hepworth
Course schedule – second semester 2020:
Tuesday and Thursday group, from 8.00 to 9.15 p.m.:
- August 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 25, 27;
- September 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 30;
- October 1, 6, 8, 13, 20, 22, 27, 29;
- November 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26.
- December 1 (extra classes)
Friday groups, from 8 to 10.45 a.m., or from 2 to 4.45 p.m*.
- August 7, 14, 21, 28;
- September 4, 11, 18, 25;
- October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30;
- November 6, 13, 20, 27;
- December 4. (extra classes)
*For the Friday afternoon course, classes end on December 11.
Course fees (for the second term 2020)*:
Registrations in September:
- 4 payments of R$ 480,00
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 20;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2 hours a week (apart from classes) to course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a C1 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, write an email to email@example.com.
Register at: http://bit.ly/registerforcpe2020.