Dates and Times:
In the first semester of 2022, there will be three CPE groups available :
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 20.00 to 21.15;
- Friday mornings, from 9.00 to 11.45;
- Friday afternoons, from 14.15 to 17.00.
This is an online preparation course for the Cambridge CPE (C2 Proficiency), aimed at preparing teachers of English who wish to sit the exam in 2022. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 42,5 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 75 minutes (Tue/Thu or Mon/Wed) or 1 weekly class of 150 minutes (Fridays);
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking);
- Reading and discussion of 4 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
Click here to register.
- Proficiency Masterclass, Student’s Book
- [Optional]: Language Practice for Advanced, grammar & vocabulary book with key. Macmillan, 2013.)
- [Optional]: About Language, by Scott Thornbury.
Extensive reading program – first semester 2022
- The Guncle, by Steven Rowley
- The Anthropocene Reviewed, by John Green
- Beautiful World, Where Are You?, by Sally Rooney
- Coming soon
Course schedule – first semester 2022:
Tuesday and Thursday group, from 20.00 to 21.15:
- February 1, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24 (no class on 3rd February);
- March 8, 10, 15, 17, 24, 29, 31 (no class on 1st March – Carnaval);
- April 12, 14, 26, 28 (no classes on 19th and 21st April – rest/catch-up week/Tiradentes holiday);
- May 3, 5, 10, 12, 24, 26, 31 (no classes on 17th and 19th May – IATEFL);
- June 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30.
Friday groups, from 9.00 to 11.45, or from 14.15 to 17.00:
- February 11, 18 (no class on 25th February – Brazilian Carnaval holiday);
- March 11, 18, 25 (no class on 4th March – Brazilian Carnaval holiday);
- April 1, 8, 22, 29 (no class on 15th April – Good Friday);
- May 6, 13, 27 (no class on 20th May* – IATEFL);
- June 3, 10, 17, 24;
- July 1, 8.
*The Friday p.m. group will have a special class on 20 May.
Suggested exam date for the first semester: July 9th, 2022 at Winner Idiomas (deadline for registration: June 17th, 2022).
Registration information for the 2nd term coming soon.
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, please contact us (in Portuguese) at +5511 94505-1811. If you do not speak Portuguese, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 20;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2-4 hours a week (apart from classes) to do course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a C1 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
Click here to register.