Dates and Times:
In the second semester of 2022, there will be three CPE groups available :
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 20.00 to 21.15;
- Friday mornings, from 9.00 to 11.45;
- Friday afternoons, from 14.15 to 17.00.
This is an online preparation course for the Cambridge CPE (C2 Proficiency), aimed at preparing teachers of English who wish to sit the exam at the end of 2022 or in 2023. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 42,5 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 75 minutes (Tue/Thu) or 1 weekly class of 150 minutes (Fridays);
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking);
- Reading and discussion of 3 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
- If you register in July 2022: 6 instalments of R$ 500,00;
- If you register in August 2022: 5 instalments of R$ 600,00.
Click here to register.
- My former/current students (any course): 5%
- My current C1 or C2 students: 10%
- My former/current CELTA candidates: 10%
- Public school teachers in Brazil: 10%
- Proficiency Masterclass, Student’s Book*
- [Optional]: Language Practice for Advanced, grammar & vocabulary book with key. Macmillan, 2013.)
- [Optional]: About Language, by Scott Thornbury.
*in the second term, we’ll be using the second half of this course book.
Extensive reading program – second semester 2022
Course schedule – second semester 2022:
Tuesday and Thursday group, from 20.00 to 21.15:
- August 11, 16, 18, 23, 30;
- September 1, 6, 8, 13, 20, 22, 27, 29;
- October 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27;
- November 1, 3, 8, 10, 17, 22, 24, 29;
- December 1, 6, 8, 13, 15.
Friday groups, from 9.00 to 11.45, or from 14.15 to 17.00:
- August 12, 19**, 26*;
- September 2, 9, 16*, 23*, 30;
- October 7, 14, 21, 28;
- November 4, 11, 18, 25;
- December 2, 9, 16.
* No class for Friday morning group | **No class for Friday afternoon group
Suggested exam date for the second semester: coming soon.
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, please contact us (in Portuguese) at +5511 94505-1811. If you do not speak Portuguese, please write an email to email@example.com.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 15;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2-4 hours a week (apart from classes) to do course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a C1 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
Click here to register.