Dates and Times:
In the second term of 2020, there will be one CAE group available :
- Mondays and Wednesdays, from 8.00 to 9.15 p.m. (BRT);
This is an online preparation course for the Cambridge CAE, aimed at preparing Brazilian teachers of English who wish to sit the exam in December 2020 or June/July 2021. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 40 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 75 minutes;
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking);
- Reading and discussion of 3 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
- Gold Advanced Student’s Book, by Sally Burgess and Amanda Thomas. Pearson, 2014. (we’ll be working on units 8-14 in the second term)
- Gold Advanced Exam Maximiser, by Lynda Edwards and Jacky Newbrook. (we’ll be working on units 8-14 in the second term)
- [Optional]: Language Practice for Advanced, grammar & vocabulary book with key. Macmillan, 2013.
Extensive reading program – second semester 2020:
Course schedule – second semester 2020:
Mondays and Wednesdays, from 8.00 to 9.15 p.m.:
- August 5, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31;
- September 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30;
- October 5, 7, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28;
- November 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30;
- December 2, 7, 9.
Course fees (for second term in 2020)*:
Registrations in September:
- 4 payments of R$ 480,00
*Payments can be made via bank transfers or by credit card (fees apply)
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 20;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2 hours a week (apart from classes) to course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a B2 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register at: http://bit.ly/registerforcae2020.