Dates and Times:
In the second semester of 2021, there will be one CAE group available :
- Mondays, from 7.30 to 10.10 p.m.
This is an online preparation course for the Cambridge CAE (C1 Advanced), aimed at preparing teachers of English who wish to sit the exam in 2021 or 2022. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 42,5 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 75 minutes (Tue/Thu) or 1 weekly class of 150 minutes (Fridays);
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking);
- Reading and discussion of 3 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
- Gold Advanced Coursebook (new edition), by Sally Burgess and Amanda Thomas. Pearson.
- Gold Advanced Exam Maximiser (with key), by Sally Burgess and Amanda Thomas. Pearson.
- [Optional]: Language Practice for Advanced, grammar & vocabulary book with key. Macmillan, 2013.)
- [Optional]: About Language, by Scott Thornbury.
*We will be using the second half of the coursebook.
Extensive reading program – second semester 2021:
- How to Avoid a Climate Disaster, by Bill Gates
- The Last Thing He Told Me, by Laura Dave
- The Plot, by Jean Hanff Korelitz
Course schedule – second semester 2021:
- August 9, 16, 30;
- September 13, 20, 27;
- October 4, 11, 18, 25;
- November 1, 8, 22, 29;
- December 6, 13.
Course fees (for the second term 2021, if you’re joining in October):
- 3 payments of R$ 528,00 (October to December 2021)
- 1 payment of R$ 1.500,00
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 20;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2-4 hours a week (apart from classes) to course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a B2 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, write an email to email@example.com.
Register at http://bit.ly/registerforcae2021