Dates and Times:
In the 2021, there will be one CAE group available :
- Mondays and Wednesdays, from 8.00 to 9.15 p.m.
This is an online preparation course for the Cambridge CAE (C1 Advanced), aimed at preparing teachers of English who wish to sit the exam in 2021. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 42,5 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 75 minutes (Tue/Thu) or 1 weekly class of 150 minutes (Fridays);
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking);
- Reading and discussion of 3 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
- Gold Advanced Coursebook (new edition), by Sally Burgess and Amanda Thomas. Pearson.
- Gold Advanced Exam Maximiser (with key), by Sally Burgess and Amanda Thomas. Pearson.
- [Optional]: Language Practice for Advanced, grammar & vocabulary book with key. Macmillan, 2013.)
- [Optional]: About Language, by Scott Thornbury.
Extensive reading program – first semester 2021:
- Two Steps Forward, by Graeme Simsion & Anne Buist
- The Guest List, by Lucy Foley
- When All Is Said, by Anne Griffin
Course schedule – first semester 2021:
- February 15, 17, 22, 24;
- March 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31;
- April 7, 9, 12, 14, 26, 28 (no class on April 19);
- May 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31;
- June 2, 7, 9, 14, 16.
*Up to 4 classes may be previously recorded.
Course fees (for the first term 2021*):
Registrations in February 2021:
- 5 payments of R$ 528,00 (February to June 2021)
*Payments can be made via bank transfers or by credit card (5% discount when you pay for the whole semester upfront)
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 20;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2-4 hours a week (apart from classes) to course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a B2 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, write an email to email@example.com.
Register at http://bit.ly/registerforcae2021