Dates and Times:
In 2022, there will be one C1 Advanced group available :
- Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 20.00 to 21.15.
This is an online preparation course for the Cambridge CAE (C1 Advanced), aimed at preparing teachers of English who wish to sit the exam at the end of 2022 or in 2023. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 42,5 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 75 minutes;
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking);
- Reading and discussion of 3 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
To register in September, please contact email@example.com.
- My former/current students (any course): 5%
- My current C1 or C2 students: 10%
- My former/current CELTA candidates: 10%
- Public school teachers in Brazil: 10%
- Complete Advanced, Student’s Book with answers*.
- Complete Advanced, Workbook with answers*.
- [Optional]: Language Practice for Advanced, grammar & vocabulary book with key. Macmillan, 2013.)
- [Optional]: About Language, by Scott Thornbury.
*in the second term, we’ll be using the second half of this course book.
Extensive reading program – second semester 2022:
Course schedule – second semester 2022*:
- August 8, 10, 17, 22*, 24, 29*;
- September 5*, 12, 14*, 19, 21, 26*, 28;
- October 3*, 5, 10*, 17*, 19, 24*, 26;
- November 7*, 9, 14*, 16, 21*, 23, 28*, 30;
- December 5*, 7, 12.
Suggested exam date for the second semester: coming soon
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps). Do not rely on 3G/4G connections.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 15;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 2-4 hours a week (apart from classes) to course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a B2 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional.
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, please contact us (in Portuguese) at +5511 94505-1811. If you do not speak Portuguese, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register.