This is a 100% asynchronous (pre-recorded) course which focuses on providing teachers with more in-depth knowledge of key areas of English grammar and vocabulary.
It can be hard to say where grammar ends and vocabulary begins. Prepositions, for example: grammar or vocabulary? How about verb patterns, i.e. whether a verb should be followed by ing, to, bare infinitive, etc.? Phrasal verbs — vocabulary, right? But we need to know if they’re separable, inseparable, transitive, intransitive, and so on, all of which are grammatical aspects. In this course, we’ll bring it all together and discuss the most important aspects of grammar and vocabulary at the same time.
Here are some of the areas the course will cover: how to study grammar and vocabulary; time, tense, and aspect; futurity; narrative tenses; collocations; types of clauses; verb patterns; prepositions; punctuation; multi-word verbs; idioms; conditionals; passive voice; emphasis; unreal time and subjunctives; modality; word formation; and more.
Each module on the course comprises:
- video lessons;
- extra materials (texts, videos, etc.) to help you further your knowledge of every topic;
- quizzes at the end of every lesson;
- contact with the tutor via email and via an exclusive WhatsApp group every step of the way.
While you don’t need to have any specific book to be able to follow the course, it is recommended you have one of the following:
- Grammar for English Language Teachers, by Martin Parrott
- Practical English Usage, by Michael Swan
- About Language, by Scott Thornbury
- The Study of Language, George Yule (also grammar)
Investment and schedule:
You can pay for the course in multiple instalments, and also in other currencies. To purchase the course, click here or on the link below:
- R$ 1.299,99
NB: In the first semester 2023, the course will become available at a rate of one or two lessons per week, always on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. (BRT), starting on February 15, 2023.
- When you purchase this course, you’ll have a 50% discount for any of my asynchronous language courses in the Beyond the Basics series. (NB: There is some overlap regarding topics and materials, even if all the video lessons are different).
- When you purchase this course, you’ll have a 25% discount for my asynchronous Phonology for English Teachers course.
- It is recommended candidates be at least at a B2 level of English, as all the lessons and materials are in ungraded English.
- You can purchase the course(s) at any point of the year.
- You will have access to the course for one year (365 days) from the moment you purchase it.
- For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a WhatsApp message: (+5511 94505-1811)