The Conversation for English Teachers is a course focused on helping teachers develop their speaking skills at advanced level. It is now being offered for the third time. To register, click here.
There are two groups available in the first term of 2023:
- Friday mornings: 8.00 to 9.00 a.m. (BRT)
- Friday afternoons (NEW GROUP): 12.30 to 13.30 (BRT)
A typical week on the course will be as follows:
- Prior to the lesson itself, you will receive a few reading texts (newspaper and magazine articles, for example) on the topic of the lesson of the week. The reading will help you prepare for the lesson in terms of familiarization with the topic and also vocabulary expansion;
- During the week, vocabulary work will be suggested as well, with a view to preparing for the lesson of the week;
- All the lessons will begin with a 10-minute language review, followed by rounds of conversation and feedback on language. The conversations will take place both in small groups and as a whole group;
- The topics of the lessons will include health, food, traveling, teaching, technology, news, among several others. Some of the topics will be decided upon as a group;
- Every four weeks, you will be invited to submit a short piece of writing on one of the topics discussed that month, but writing on the course is optional;
- During the course, we’ll be reading two books together, and we’ll dedicate part of a few of the lessons to discussing them (similarly to a book club).
Book club titles:
- Stay Awake, by Megan Goldin
- The School for Good Mothers, by Jessamine Chan
- The CET is a 16-hour course (16 60-minute classes);
- The lessons take place once a week, on Fridays;
- There is one group for the first semester of 2023: Fridays, from 8.00 to 9.00 a.m. (BRT).
- All the lessons are live, via Zoom. Given the nature of the course, the lessons are not recorded – you can only participate live;
- There are only 15 places available per group, per term.
- 4 monthly instalments of R$ 375,00, via bank transfers (registrations in March 2023. Deadline for registration is March 10, 2023);
- 1 payment of R$ 1.425,00 (5% discount) upon registration.
- 10% if you’re currently (second term of 2022) a student of the CET course;
- 10% if you’re my former/current CELTA candidate;
- 10% if you’re a public school teacher in Brazil;
- 50% if you register for my 2023 B2, C1 or C2 courses.
- When you register for this course, you’ll receive a 25% promo code for my asynchronous Beyond the Basics series, a series of short courses on language for teachers.
Fridays, two groups – either from 8.00 to 9.00 a.m. (BRT), or from 12.30 to 13.30 p.m.
- February 10, 17, 24;
- March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31;
- April 14, 28;
- May 5, 12, 19, 26;
- June 2, 9.
- All the materials – handouts, texts, videos, etc. – will be made available to you free of charge;
- The two books (see list above) we’ll be reading during the course need to be purchased separately.
To register, click here.