Dates and Times:
In the first semester of 2023, there will be two C1 Advanced groups available :
- Monday and Wednesday mornings, from 7.00 to 8.00 a.m. (BRT)
- Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 20.00 to 21.00 (BRT)
This is a two-semester*, online preparation course for the Cambridge CAE (C1 Advanced), aimed at preparing teachers of English who wish to sit the exam at the end of 2023. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice. The course comprises:
- 40 hours of classes per term, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 60 minutes;
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking), followed by thorough feedback;
- Reading and discussion of 3 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
*We cover the contents of the course book over two semesters
- R$ 3.000,00, payable in
- 7 monthly instalments of R$ 430,00, via bank transfers (registrations in December 2022 — first upon registration and the remaining ones from January to June 2023);
- 1 payment of R$ 2.850,00 (5% discount) upon registration.
To register, click here.
- Teachers in bilingual schools in Brazil: 5%
- Public school teachers in Brazil: 10%
- 2022 C1 students continuing in 2023, when you register by December 10: 10%
- Current or former CELTA students: 10%
- Gold C1 Advanced (New Edition) Coursebook, Burgess & Thomas
- Gold C1 Advanced (New Edition) Exam Maximiser with Key, by Lynda Edwards and Jacky Newbrook
Extensive reading program – first semester 2023:
The three books we’ll be reading and discussing together during the first semester of 2023 are:
- Stay Awake, by Megan Goldin
- The School for Good Mothers, by Jessamine Chan
- Sweat: A History of Exercise, by Bill Hayes
Course schedule – first semester 2023:
- January 30;
- February 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 27;
- March 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29;
- April 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26;
- May 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31;
- June 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26.
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps).
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, please contact us (in Portuguese) at +5511 94505-1811. If you do not speak Portuguese, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 15;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 3-6 hours a week (apart from classes) to course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a B2/C1 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional;
- When you register for the 2023 C1 course, you are entitled to the following discounts:
*You’ll receive a promo code for this course upon registering for the C1 course.
To register, click here.