Dates and Times:
In the first semester of 2023, there will be one B2 First (FCE) group available :
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 19.00 to 20.00 (BRT).
This is a two-semester*, online preparation course for the Cambridge FCE (B2 First), aimed at preparing teachers of English who wish to sit the exam at the end of 2023*. The course focuses on general language development (speaking, writing, listening, vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation), thorough analysis of exam tasks and tips on how to tackle them, and exam practice.
The first semester of the course comprises:
- 40 hours of classes, online via Zoom;
- 2 weekly classes of 60 minutes;
- 8 mocks of exam papers per term — two of each paper (Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking), followed by thorough feedback;
- Reading and discussion of 2 books per semester.
The lessons are live, but they are all recorded and will be available for 7 days for participants in case they miss any lessons.
*We cover the contents of the course book over two semesters
- R$ 3.000,00, payable in
- 4 monthly instalments of R$ 750,00, via bank transfers (registrations in March 2023; deadline for registrations in the first term of 2023 — March 10);
- 1 payment of R$ 2.850,00 (5% discount) upon registration.
To register, click here.
- Teachers in bilingual schools in Brazil: 5%
- Public school teachers in Brazil: 10%
- Complete First, Student’s Book with answers, by Guy Brook-Hart
- Complete First, Workbook with answers, by Barbara Thomas and Amanda Thomas
Extensive reading program – first term 2023:
The two books we’ll be reading and discussing together during the first semester of 2023 are:
- Stay Awake, by Megan Goldlin
- Honey and Spice, by Bolu Babalola
Course schedule – first term 2023
- February 7, 9, 14, 16, 23, 28;
- March 2, 7, 9, 24, 26, 21, 23, 28, 30;
- April 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27;
- May 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30.
- June 1, 6, 13, 15, 20, 22, 25, 27.
Every course participant must have:
- A computer connected to the internet (avoid using tablets or mobile phones), equipped with a camera and a microphone;
- A Gmail account to watch recordings;
- Broadband connection to the internet (at least 10 Mbps).
In order to schedule a placement test or for further information, please contact us (in Portuguese) at +5511 94505-1811. If you do not speak Portuguese, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every group must have at least 6 participants, and a maximum of 15;
- Classes are recorded and are available for course participants for 7 days;
- It is vital that participants do homework assignments diligently, and that they dedicate around 3-4 hours a week (apart from classes) to course-related work;
- Participants must be at least at a B1 level to take part in the course;
- The extensive reading program is not optional;
- If you register for the 2023 B2 course, you get the following discounts:
- 50% discount for the Conversation for English Teachers (CET) course;
- 25% discount for my combo of asynchronous language courses Beyond the Basics*.
*You’ll receive a promo code for this course upon registering for the B2 course.
To register, click here.